Senior Headhunter Harri Vuontelo +358 44 577 1204
Santander Consumer Bank is a Nordic bank with more than 1,500 colleagues in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland, with a long history in the Nordics, and with global strength by being a part of Banco Santander. We are one of the largest Nordic banks providing loans and credits, credit cards, deposits and insurance to private customers. Our operations in Finland launched in 2007 and we are the market leader in automotive and consumer finance. Would you like to work for one of the largest banks in the world – in one of the most exciting regions? Here is your opportunity as we are seeking
Head of Compliance Finland
The Compliance and Conduct (C&C) function promotes Santander Consumer Bank’s adherence to rules, supervisory requirements, principles of good conduct and values by acting as a second line of defense – establishing standards, challenging, advising and reporting – in the interest of employees, clients, shareholders and the wider community.
The function is organized in two areas that cooperates across both units and responsibilities: “Frameworks and Governance” and “Monitoring and Reporting”. Together we ensure a risk based compliance framework and reporting in Santander Consumer Bank. The function is headed by the Nordic Chief Compliance Officer (CCO), who reports to the CEO and has independent access to the Board. We are now searching for a competent and motivated lawyer with solid legal qualifications and relevant experience to lead our Finnish Compliance Team.
Head of Compliance will be part of the Monitoring and Reporting area and work primarily towards the Finnish business unit, actively contribute to cooperation and alignment between the two compliance areas so that the teams operate as one compliance function.
Head of Compliance is responsible for reporting and the execution of a risk based Compliance and Conduct (C&C) Framework, program and plan in the unit and have the day-to-day responsibility for the C&C functions performance. Based on competencies the Head of Compliance will have Nordic responsibility.
We would like you to have the following professional and personal qualities:
- Strong legal qualifications with Finnish law degree.
- Minimum 6 years of experience within banking, consumer lending or similar industry
- Understanding of relevant legislation, consumer protection, as well as data protection (GDPR).
- Understanding and experience of regulatory and compliance issues and how they impact the business including detection and management of such risks
- Strong people and social skills, cross functional team player that identifies opportunities and solutions.
- Potential to independently drive and solve problems and conflicts. Risk based approach.
- A sense of urgency about completing work and projects on time and with a high degree of quality. Low fear of stepping outside of comfort zone and working with new areas of law.
- Structured with strong negotiation, cooperation and communication skills. Fluent in Finnish and English. Tactical and strategic mindset.
We are offering:
- Exciting opportunities for professional development, where constant changes and digitalization poses new demands and opportunities for the business
- A dynamic international environment, backed by the full support of management and the whole Nordic Compliance function
- Competent and engaged colleagues who like to challenge you and ask to be challenged by you and who go “the extra mile” every day
- A position in a solid, international company that today ranks amongst the world’s strongest financial institutions
For more information about the position, please contact Harri Vuontelo, Senior Headhunter InHunt Group, Tel. +358 44 577 1204 or Karen Edelberg Villand. Chief Compliance Officer Santander Consumer Bank AS, Tel. +47 909 61 775. Submit your application and CV, along with your desired salary, by 20.5.2019 via the application form below.