Senior Headhunter Harri Vuontelo +358 44 577 1204
General Counsel Carine Lindman-Johannesen +47 977 33 779
Santander Consumer Bank is a Nordic bank with more than 1,500 colleagues in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland, with a long history in the Nordics, and with global strength by being a part of Banco Santander. We are one of the largest Nordic banks providing loans and credits, credit cards, deposits and insurance to private customers. Our operations in Finland launched in 2007 and we are the market leader in automotive and consumer finance. Would you like to work for one of the largest banks in the world – in one of the most exciting regions? Here is your opportunity as we are seeking
Head of Legal Finland
Santander Legal Nordics is a team of 16 lawyers. We provide daily legal support and advice to the business, including counselling and advice on contract interpretation, laws and regulations and general business matters. We are now searching for a competent and motivated lawyer with solid legal qualifications and relevant experience to lead our Finnish Legal Team.
We are offering an exciting position where you will get a broad experience in all of the company’s business:
- Provide expert and strategic legal advice to management
- Assist the business in negotiation and follow-up on cooperation and partner agreements, customer agreements and sourcing agreements
- Advise the business on questions related to wholesale and retail finance, ranging from consignment to end consumer financing, to launch of new products and marketing and sale / distribution of credit products, as well as financing processes like credit operations and collections
- Assist in customer communication, complaints handling and litigation
- Maintain a solid relationship with supervisory authorities
- Stay ahead of legislative changes applicable to Santander Consumer Finance Oy
- Support in execution of the strategy for the Legal function in Finland and the bank
- Assist in providing accurate and valuable reports to the Board of Directors and management
- Cooperate with colleagues in the Legal Team across the Nordics
We would like you to have the following professional and personal qualities:
- Strong legal qualifications with Finnish law degree. Minimum 5 years relevant experience. Experience and understanding of relevant legislation, consumer protection, as well as data protection (GDPR).
- Commercial mindset, client and customer focused, achievement driven, initiator and creative with a “can do” attitude. Ability to independently handle and provide guidance in relation to complex legal matters. Able to identify legal risk and at the same time give advice on how to reduce the risk.
- Strong people and social skills, cross functional team player that identifies opportunities and solutions.
- A sense of urgency about completing work and projects on time and with a high degree of quality. Low fear of stepping outside of comfort zone and working with new areas of law.
- Structured with strong negotiation, cooperation and communication skills. Fluent in Finnish and English. Tactical and strategic mindset.
We are offering:
- Exciting opportunities for professional development, where constant changes and digitalization poses new demands and opportunities for the business
- A dynamic international environment, backed by the full support of management and the whole Nordic legal function
- Competent and engaged colleagues who like to challenge you and ask to be challenged by you and who go “the extra mile” every day
- A position in a solid, international company that today ranks amongst the world’s strongest financial institutions
For more information about the position, please contact Harri Vuontelo, Senior Headhunter InHunt Group, Tel. +358 44 577 1204 or Carine Lindman-Johannesen, General Counsel Santander Nordics, Tel. +47 977 33 779. Submit your application and CV, along with your desired salary, by 31.3.2019 via this application form.