Senior Headhunter Kari Paananen, +358 40 547 4544
Zmarta Group is a financial technology company that offers a range of services within consumer finance, with a focus on personal loan, insurance and electricity brokerage. The group is comprised of a range of brands including Zmarta, Elskling, Freedom Finance and Centum. The company was founded in Sweden in 1999, and is owned by Bauer Media Group.
Zmarta Group has 200+ employees, spread over offices in Sweden (Stockholm and Ängelholm), Finland (Helsinki) and Norway (Oslo).
Our vision is to empower our customers to make smarter decisions with their money and to deliver outstanding value for our customers and partners by offering a first class consumer-friendly experience both online and offline. We do this through our great employees, our never-ending quest for operational excellence, and our industry-leading digital innovation mindset and financial technology platform.
We are characterized by rapid development, effective decision-making, goal orientation, “can do”-mentality and a high degree of work satisfaction. Our staff is diversified with the common agenda of having our customers in focus and being the Money helper.
Zmarta Group is now looking for a new
Legal Counsel Finland
As a part of the legal team within Zmarta Group you will work with a wide field of legal issues and assignments. Your primary focus will be legal questions relating to Zmartas business in Finland, but you will support the entire Zmarta Group. You will have a key role in ensuring that the legal services provided are qualitative, balanced and provided in a timely manner. Zmarta Group are in a strong phase of growth and is looking for a lawyer who wants to join us on our journey to strengthen our product portfolio and ensure our position as a market leader in the Nordic region. You will be based in Helsinki, Finland and report to Head of Legal for Zmarta Group who is based in Sweden
About the role
• Assess and inform internal stakeholders on relevant laws, regulations and market practices in order to enhance awareness of legal risks and opportunities
• Research and anticipate legal issues that could impact the business
• Review, draft and negotiate agreements
• Produce clear and balanced legal analysis and advises for the business in various areas
• Ensure that Zmarta’ s business is conducted in accordance with applicable laws and regulations
• Develop policies and procedures
• Work with the Zmarta Compliance program for Finland
You will support the business within areas such as:
• Law of contract
• Marketing law
• Data protection
• Consumer law
• Insurance law
• Regulations in the financial services area
Zmarta Group is characterized by its high pace, performance-oriented and flexible climate. The legal team work in close dialogue with the internal stakeholders and we strive for pragmatic solutions as far as possible. We make a difference for our customers and we value to enjoy and have fun together at work. We work together as one team.
• Minimum 4-5 years’ experience as a legal counsel
• Business minded
• A can-do mentality
• Independent working methods
• Team player
• Service oriented
• Communicative ability that helps you to create positive relationships both internally and externally and to provide advice in a pedagogical and clear way
• Fluent in English, both written and spoken (its desirable if you also speak Swedish)
Working experience within finance and/or insurance is meritorious.
Your curiosity and your interest in the business is important to succeed in the role. So is your ability to cooperate in a trustworthy manner with all parts and levels of our organization. You have a strong integrity and are confident in your role, while this is balanced with humility and a willingness to compromise when needed.
We welcome you to join our team and help us take the next step toward creating a smart, innovative, helpful and modern financial service for everyone!
If you got interested, please upload your CV and application below by the 16th of November. For any additional information, please contact Senior Headhunter Kari Paananen at InHunt Group Oy (phone +358 40 547 4544)