Senior Headhunter Harri Vuontelo +358 44 577 1204
Santander Consumer Bank is a Nordic bank with more than 1,500 colleagues in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland, with a long history in the Nordics, and with global strength by being a part of Banco Santander. We are one of the largest Nordic banks providing loans and credits, credit cards, deposits and insurance to private customers. Our operations in Finland launched in 2007 and we are the market leader in automotive and consumer finance. Would you like to work for one of the largest banks in the world – in one of the most exciting regions? Here is your opportunity as we are seeking
Senior Compliance Specialist
The Compliance and Conduct (C&C) function promotes Santander Consumer Bank’s adherence to rules, supervisory requirements, principles of good conduct and values by acting as a second line of defense – establishing standards, challenging, advising and reporting – in the interest of employees, clients, shareholders and the wider community.
The function is organized in two areas that cooperates across both units and responsibilities: “Frameworks and Governance” and “Monitoring and Reporting”. Together we ensure a risk based compliance framework and reporting in Santander Consumer Bank. We are now searching for a competent and motivated lawyer with solid legal qualifications and relevant experience to work in our Finnish Compliance Team.
The Senior Compliance Specialist will be part of the Monitoring and Reporting area and work primarily towards the Finnish business, advising the business on compliance-related issues and performing compliance monitoring, risk assessments, training etc.
The Senior Compliance Specialist will actively contribute to cooperation and alignment in the C&C function. She/he will also work cross unit and may include Nordic responsibilities based on competencies
We would like you to have the following professional and personal qualities:
- Strong legal qualifications with Finnish law degree.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience within compliance in banking, consumer lending or similar industry
- Relevant legal competencies with understanding and experience of regulatory and compliance issues and how they impact the business including detection and management of such risks
- High integrity, structured, business mindset, solution oriented and pro-active, strong communication skills – both written and orally. Fluent in Finnish and English
- Achievement driven, with a sense of urgency about completing work and projects on time and with high degree of quality.
- Potential to independently drive and solve problems and conflicts.
We are offering:
- Exciting opportunities for professional development, where constant changes and digitalization poses new demands and opportunities for the business
- A dynamic international environment, backed by the full support of management and the whole Nordic Compliance function
- Competent and engaged colleagues who like to challenge you and ask to be challenged by you and who go “the extra mile” every day
- A position in a solid, international company that today ranks amongst the world’s strongest financial institutions
For more information about the position, please contact Harri Vuontelo, Senior Headhunter InHunt Group, Tel. +358 44 577 1204 or Karen Edelberg Villand. Chief Compliance Officer Santander Consumer Bank AS, Tel. +47 909 61 775. Submit your application and CV, along with your desired salary, by 20.5.2019 via the application form below.