- Company Name
- More Information
Senior Headhunter Raimo Kielinen, tel +358 400 660 746 or by email email@example.com
Do you want to make a positive global environmental impact and contribute to achieving our rapid growth ambitions?
Spinnova’s mission is to produce the most sustainable textile fibres and materials in the world for the benefit of the environment and humanity. Our goal is to transform the raw material base of the entire global textile industry for the better.
Spinnova aims to disrupt the whole textile industry. We have developed a unique technology platform to produce the world’s most sustainable textile fibres, without using any harmful chemicals. We can produce the fibres from multiple raw materials, including wood, and agricultural waste, such as wheat straw, leather waste and textile waste. We are collaborating with several global brands to commercialize our materials, and our first commercial factory is estimated to be completed at the end of 2022.
We are now looking for two Research & Development Specialists to help us to achieve our mission. We want you to share our passion for sustainability and be excited to join in a company that has the potential to transform the raw material base of the entire global textile industry.
Based in our headquarters in Jyväskylä, you will be key members of Spinnova and our R&D team, helping us to grow our production processes to commercial scale. As Spinnova is a fast-growing scale-up, you will have the opportunity to grow with the company to maximize your full potential.
In this role you will be:
- Designing and executing tests to take our production process from pilot scale to commercial scale
- Analyzing test results, and preparing professional reports
- Working in close co-operation with engineering and equipment manufacturing companies
To excel in this role, your background should include:
- Master of Science/PhD degree education in technology, physics or similar
- 5+ years of experience from Research & Development. Industry experience is considered an advantage.
- Hands on experience of R&D testing environment
- Hands on experience of industrial flows in relation to highly viscous media. MFC knowhow is considered an advantage.
- Hands on experience from piloting and process scaleups
- Project management skills and examples of successful project executions
As persons you:
- Match the team oriented, hands-on Spinnova culture
- Have great communication and negotiations skills
- Have a can-do attitude that is suitable for a dynamic growth company
- Take initiative, ownership and responsibility for your area AND are willing to support the company’s growth more broadly by working outside of your specific responsibilities
- Live in/Are willing to relocate to Jyväskylä
- Are fluent in English, both verbally and in writing. Fluency in Finnish in considered an advantage.
For more information, please contact Senior Headhunter Raimo Kielinen (InHunt Group), tel. +358 400 660 746 or by sending him an email: firstname.lastname@example.org and send your application via link below.
Please apply by 27.09.2021 at the latest.
Our Mission at Spinnova is to produce the most sustainable textile fibres and materials in the world for the benefit of the environment and humanity. The long-term goal of Spinnova is to transform the raw material base of the entire global textile industry.
Spinnova has developed a production technology for a transformative new textile fibre (“SPINNOVA® fibre”) which is produced with a sustainable mechanical production process, without any harmful chemicals. Spinnova fibre can be produced from multiple raw materials, including wood and leather waste, and other renewable raw materials such as agricultural, food and beverage industry waste and textile waste.
Spinnova operates in the textile industry value chain, starting from sustainable raw materials followed by minimum environmental impact fibre process and materials for products that reach consumers. We have established partnerships to commercialize our materials. These include joint ventures with the world’s largest cellulose provider Suzano and KT Trading, the sister company of the shoe manufacturer and retailer ECCO and collaborations with global apparel brands such as adidas, The North Face, Bestseller, and the H&M Group. Our first commercial factory is estimated to begin operations at the end of 2022.
Our shares (SPINN) are listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki First North Growth Market.