DelSiTech is the leading technology specialist in biodegradable silica-based controlled release of small molecule drugs, biopharmaceuticals and viral vectors.
The company provides the technology and expertise for solving drug delivery challenges for its partners worldwide.
DelSiTech’s technology is based on amorphous silica (SiO2) matrix and sol-gel encapsulation technique which have significant competitive advantages over other technologies.
The company develops also its own pipeline of supergeneric/505(b)(2) products to address significant unmet medical and commercial needs. The first own products will enter in clinical studies in 2023.
DelSiTech is a dynamic, rapidly growing and financially stable organisation with a clear vision for success. The Company employs over 40 professionals in drug development, biomaterials and manufacture and has its own modern premises in Turku Science Park. For more information see www.delsitech.com
DelSiTech is looking for a highly motivated, goal-oriented
CDO | Chief Development Officer
- Provides leadership in in-house drug development as well as development services for customers (DelSiTech drug development champion)
- Head of development organisation including Analytical Development, Formulation Development, Clinical Development, Manufacturing and Project Management
- Direct supervisor of heads for the mentioned teams above
- Works together with Business Development in customer tendering processes
- Takes responsibility for customer relations together with Project Management and Business Development
- Together with CEO plans company drug development strategy
- Reviews key R&D and customer contracts
- Member of C-level Management Team
- If needed, participates in company BOD meetings as drug development expert
Qualifications and expectations
- Relevant education eg. in natural sciences, technology, pharmacy or medicine
- Doctoral degree (PhD, DSci, DPharm, MD etc)
- At least 15 years’ work experience in drug development in pharma/biotech industry or in academy with demonstrated close industry contacts
- Previous experience in preclinical and/or clinical stage drug development projects
- Strong supervisory experience and good leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal skills in English
- Understanding of HR and contracting/legal issues
- Understanding drug development service business and biotech business logics
- Ready relocate to Turku area or work most of the time in company facility in Turku
Leave your up-to-date CV and application at below to ”Hae paikkaa” button. To speak in absolute confidence about this role please contact Executive Headhunter Harri Knaapi.
Ask for more or want to hear more about our services?
+358 45 869 8228, email@example.com