Factory General Manager – Kotka – Finland
At Sulzer, you are empowered to deliver superior results. As a pioneer in industry we have a proud heritage of innovation and continue to evolve for the future. Join our story and create your own impact by developing your expertise and building solutions that help make our lives safer, smarter and more sustainable.
Join our Kotka team to help us take Karhula Factory to the next level.
In this role you will be accountable for:
- The GM has a solid line responsibility at the factory site for local Order-handling, Engineering, Supply Chain, Production, Logistic, Quality and ESH. He drives operational excellence in all areas at the site, focusing on Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost & Cash, People development and Customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates, consolidates, monitors, and controls budget preparation for the factory site.
- Cost and margin responsibility after order is handed over and reviewed, including cost of non-conformities.
- Monitors factory performance monthly, to ensure projections are in line with operational and financial budget and plans.
- Develops and defines Manufacturing Strategy (operational excellence) in coordination with the overall Manufacturing Strategy and roll out the Production System and Lean initiatives.
- Develop and manage inventory and stock strategy.
- Capex measures within production to make targeted improvements to e.g., Quality, Costs, OTD, EHS requirements.
- In charge of the development of the ESG local policy, aligned with the Group Road map.
- Leading the operations team with 6 direct reports and 140 indirect reports.
- KPIs: According to the Global Guidelines, goals defined on a yearly basis + 3 years plan. Operational performance: Safety, Quality, Delivery (OTD), Cost, People and Customer Satisfaction
To succeed in this role, you will need:
Minimum Job Requirements
- University degree in engineering or business
- Professional experience
- Min 3 years of general management in manufacturing industry
- Established performance in managing P&L
- Fluent in Finnish and English, other languages are a plus
- General computer skills
- Effective conflict management
Competencies and behaviour required
- Management Competencies
- Driving for results
- Getting work done through others and delegation of important tasks
- Developing self and others
- Leadership Competencies
- Strong leadership in managing purpose and motivating others
- Ensuring accountability and integrity
- Exceeding customer expectations
- Adapt and willingness to changes
- Result/solution oriented for problem-solving
- Able to manage ambiguities
- Strategic competencies
- Thinking and acting strategically
- Dealing with ambiguity and taking decisions
- Managing innovation
- Functional competencies
- Orientation towards the business
- Professional competencies
- Industrial competencies
- Understanding divisional technologies and markets
- Broad and long-standing experience in production / manufacturing (volume production) in progressively responsible positions with track record of Lean practices.
- Specific experience in agile and cellular manufacturing is an advantage, as well as experience in mass production with a strong Production System.
- Experience in Supply Chain management.
- Several years of experience in general management.
- Experience in an international corporation.
- Strong standing in machinery industry / rotating equipment is a plus.
- Familiar with the environmental and safety aspects and impacts of the activities and processes involved in the roles and the procedures, practices, and measures to manage the impact.
- Understanding Sulzer technologies and markets
- Soft skills:
- Collaborative leadership style.
- Ability to build, lead and develop a team, as well as delegate.
- Customer and team oriented.
- Capable of working in a matrix organization and balance local and global interests and points of views in the interest of the whole corporation.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of the organization, internally and externally.
- Strong change management capabilities and problem solving.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Sulzer is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
83% of our employees recommend Sulzer as a good place to work and we are proud to be recognized as a Top Employer 2022 in Switzerland. So come and join our story, starting today!
If you feel the position is yours, please send your CV and application via the Apply for a position link below.
For more information about the position, please contact InHunt Group Oy’s Timo Viljakainen 040 503 5554| firstname.lastname@example.org or Jarkko Huotari 040 355 8677| email@example.com
Sulzer is a global leader in fluid engineering. We specialize in pumping, agitation, mixing, separation and application technologies for fluids of all types. Our customers benefit from our commitment to innovation, performance and quality and from our responsive network of 180 world-class production facilities and service centers across the globe. Sulzer has been headquartered in Winterthur, Switzerland, since 1834. In 2022, our 13’800 employees delivered revenues of CHF 3.2 billion. Our shares are traded on the SIX Swiss Exchange (SIX: SUN). www.sulzer.com
The Flow Equipment division specializes in pumping solutions specifically engineered for the processes of our customers. We provide pumps, agitators, compressors, grinders, screens and filters developed through intensive research and development in fluid dynamics and advanced materials. We are a market leader in pumping solutions for water, oil and gas, power, chemicals and most industrial segments.