The mission of Finnish Minerals Group is to responsibly maximise the value of Finnish minerals. Finnish Minerals Group manage the State’s mining industry shareholdings and strive to develop a Finnish value chain of lithium-ion batteries. In addition, the company is engaged in long-term technology development of the mining and battery industry. It contributes to Europe moving towards electric transport and a more sustainable future.
Finnish Minerals Group is comprised of the following companies: Finnish Minerals Group (Suomen Malmijalostus Oy), Terrafame Oy, a multi-metal company, Finnish Battery Chemicals Oy, a project company involved in the preparation of battery value chain investments, and Sokli Oy, a mining project in Savukoski, acquired in December 2020. In addition, Finnish Minerals Group owns appr. 19 % of Keliber Oy.
Finnish Minerals Group is looking for an
to support the development of the portfolio companies and preparation of greenfield and other new investments. In this role you will report to the Investment Director and work in close co-operation with our whole team and external stakeholders.
To succeed in this role
- you should be highly analytical and have excellent modelling skills.
- You can independently prepare reliable and high-quality presentations, investment proposals and financial models.
- You can work under pressure, and you are willing to take ownership of your work. Confidence to take responsibility on your own initiative and strong communication and presentation skills are important in this role.
You do not have to have previous experience from the mining or chemical industry, but we guarantee you will gather industry expertise as you develop in this position.
Requirements for this interesting position
- Relevant educational background, i.e., a master’s degree in a relevant academic field such as Finance, Industrial Engineering, Economics or equivalent
- Relevant experience (2-5 years) from for example industrial organization, management consulting, investment bank or big four
- Analytical approach to problem-solving
- Strong financial modelling skills
- Excellent MS Office skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Willingness to take responsibility and ability to learn and apply new things fast
- Strong work ethics and resilience, ability to work independently
- Ability to interact with different stakeholders
- Excellent teamwork, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in Finnish and English
Considered as an advantage
- Experience or knowledge of mining or chemical industry
- Experience from M&A transactions, DD processes or greenfield investments
- Experience from project management and commercial negotiations
You are offered
- Versatile and interesting tasks and responsibilities
- A chance to work in an environment dedicated to combating climate change
- A broad view of the rapidly developing mining and battery sector
- A dynamic work community that focuses on well-being at work
- Competitive benefits and great opportunities for professional development
An external personal evaluation service will be used to support the interview process. The pre-employment medical examination will include a drug test.
Please submit your application and CV with salary request via the button below as soon as possible or no later than October 16th, 2022. Note: we will start interviews already during the application period.