We are looking for a
WIND & SITE SPECIALIST
Our growing company is looking for a Wind & Site Specialist to supplement our Wind Farm Engineering team. In this role you will support with your expertise Ilmatar’s other company functions, especially wind farm development team throughout the permitting phase of the projects in turbine layout optimization, assessment of site suitability & wind conditions, and in providing high-quality wind & siting documentation that fulfill the best industry standards.
You will be part of our Wind Farm Engineering team which is responsible for both the technical studies required for successful investment decisions of wind farm projects and supporting other teams throughout the lifetime of wind farm projects. In this role you will be working closely with your team members as well as other specialists in the company. As the position is new here at Ilmatar, it will offer you a great opportunity to participate in developing your exact role.
- Planning, coordination and tracking the quality of the wind measurement campaigns for wind farm projects
- Reviewing & maintaining wind measurement campaign documentation that fulfill the best industry practices
- Arranging the third-party Energy Yield Assessments applicable for the investment decision processes of the wind farm projects
- Reviewing the third-party Energy Yield Assessments and the turbine tender site suitability reports
- Providing input and expertise for the layout optimization of the wind farm development projects and for the wind turbine tendering processes
- Providing expertise to Ilmatar asset management team to monitor of the performance of the operational wind farm assets and find the root causes of deviations to the expected yield, together with identifying possible ways to optimize the performance of the operational turbine assets
- Preferably your role also includes procurement and management of leased or company owned wind measuring equipment (e.g., coordinating equipment maintenance and calibration)
What we expect from you:
- Applicable Master’s degree (e.g., in computational modelling, energy/mechanical engineering or in meteorology)
- Several years of experience that support the role, e.g., from wind analysis consultancy, research or turbine OEM site suitability assessments.
- Understanding of wind turbine technology and SCADA data
- Analytical problem-solving skills and ability to write scientific text is a must
- Fluency in English, fluency in Finnish is a benefit
- Understanding the civil works aspects affecting the layout optimization of the wind farm projects is seen as a major benefit
We offer you:
- A unique role in Ilmatar’s growing international organization with excellent opportunities to develop your role further in the future
- A company with a low hierarchy and a warm-hearted working community. We are also Future Workplaces certified company.
- Flexible working hours and remote working policies
You may be working from any of the Ilmatar’s offices in Finland (Helsinki, Tampere, Oulu) while remote work remains an option also. For further information please contact InHunt Group Oy:n Senior Headhunter Sami Ansala 040 708 9589, email@example.com or Tuuli Paasilehto 040 631 8777, firstname.lastname@example.org .
The position is full-time and permanent. Please leave your application and CV as soon as possible. Act quickly, as we start interviews immediately when applications arrive.
Founded in 2011, Ilmatar is a Nordic energy company and independent electricity producer that exclusively focuses on renewable energy. Ilmatar Energy’s fields of business include the development, construction and maintenance of renewable energy as well as the sale of electricity to consumers and business customers.
Ilmatar owns its projects throughout their lifecycle of up to 40 years. Ilmatar’s onshore and offshore wind power projects as well as solar power projects that are in various stages of development in the Nordic countries will provide a total nominal output of 20 GW.
Ilmatar has offices in Helsinki, Malmö, Mariehamn, Tampere and Oulu.